Wednesday, November 12, 2008

First time homeowners

I haven't written in awhile...quelle surprise! Things have been insane. I will write more in the future, but for now, just a comment.

After over half a year, my wife and I have completed the purchase of our first home. I never thought that I would buy a home for the first time in my mid-forties, but sometimes things work out that way. We were getting so tired of our apartment; having rude upstairs neighbors who think that imitating an ogre stomping through the brush is a nice way to say "hello" is just a blast.

Still, without our city's affordable purchase program, it never would have happened. So, over the next few weeks, I'm going to be involved in painting, grout sealing, purchasing, installing, and moving a variety of items to get moved in to our new place. I'm nervous. I haven't changed residence in over 15 years. I hadn't changed congregations in 13. Now, I'm in a French congregation and am moving in to a new house. May Jehovah give me strength...I'm going to need it.

More later as we go through the process. I'll try to keep a running update to put my insanity into words.

No comments: