Thursday, May 25, 2006

Random Thoughts for the end of May

Just a few thoughts that have been bouncing around in my brain that can't make a big old post in themselves:

The other day, a young up-and-coming stock car driver died in a crash while driving back to the West coast from North Carolina. He lost control of his vehicle and he and his passenger were thrown out of the car. Neither was wearing seat belts. With the safety devices found in race cars today, and with the importance placed on safety, why was this young man without a seat belt? My condolences to his family, but this guy should have known better, and wasn't very bright for his failure. http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/nevada/2006/may/23/052310988.html

The West Wing series is over, after seven years. A lot of people really liked the final episode, but my family was disappointed. Yes, it was classy. Yes, it was sad. But there were very few resolutions in the final episode! What was Toby's reaction to his pardon? Who is Sam Seaborn engaged to? What happened to Ainsley Hayes? So many things cried out for this series to continue. So my question is...who will be the one to start writing West Wing novels?

With all of the garbage on TV these days, is it any wonder that my favorite network is the Food Network? Thank goodness for Iron Chef America, and my favorite...Good Eats with Alton Brown. Seriously...Alton Brown rules. He is funny, smart, and I learn something every time I watch his show. Besides, how often can you laugh out loud at a food show? Emeril can go away anytime soon, by the way, and he can take Racheal Ray with him.

Am I the only person in this country who refuses to watch American Idol? Why are shows called "reality shows" when there is no link to reality at all?

My wife looks in the mirror as she gets dressed every day, and all she can see is that she "is getting old". First of all, everyone does. Second of all, I'm no spring chicken myself. And third...no one else can tell. She looks beautiful and I am blessed to have her as my wife.
(No reason for adding this....just felt like it. So sue me.)

No comments: