Thursday, July 06, 2006

Les Bleus Making Me Look Good!

Okay everyone. This is getting weird. My picks for the semifinals of the World Cup? Exactly right! I mean exactly!!! Take a look at the previous post and see.

I picked Italy to win in overtime over Germany. What happened? Italy scores two goals at the end of OT to beat Germany 2 - 0. I also picked France to beat Portugal in regular time, which they did 1 - 0. I'm not saying that I'm perfect or that I can predict the future, but pretty good guesses, eh?

Will my finals pick come true? Who knows? Remember, I said France 2 - 1 over Italy.

On a side note, let's hear it for Zizou! Proof positive that old guys can show the younger ones how it's done.

My wife is of Sicilian ancestry, so she can play both sides of the field. If Italy wins, she can be happy because of her Italian blood. If France wins, she can be happy because of her French birth. However, I told her that if I catch her voting for Italy, she's sleeping on the couch. I won't really make her do that, but you get the picture. ;-)

In the end, I really am cheering for France. They have had a lot of grief there lately, and it would be nice for the people to have something to cheer about for a change.

ALLEZ LES BLEUS!!! ALLEZ ZIZOU! ALLEZ THURAM! ALLEZ HENRY! ALLEZ RIBARY! ETC., ETC., ETC.

No comments: