Thursday, December 14, 2006

Excuses, excuses!

OK...so it's been awhile. Can I call it laziness? Yes. Will I? Yes, and no.

I can't really blame this on work. Even if things are crazy, they aren't crazy enough to keep me from writing something now and then.

Home life? Well, other than a car being stolen and recovered, (and having two teen sons), I can't really say that this part of my world is interfering.

My spiritual life? Busy...very busy. New assignments, new responsibilities...but again, does it keep me from writing a little blurb now and then? No.

So...the only choice left seems to be laziness. I will take that as one reason. The other is that I just plain don't have a lot to say. Except this: I take full responsibility for not posting. Isn't that refreshing? Someone taking responsibility for themselves? This leads to my rant for the day.

So many people want to blame anyone but themselves for things that happen. Someone spills hot coffee on their lap and blames the fast food chain for the coffee being hot. You know how it goes.

In the end, though, we need to be responsible for our own actions. If someone makes a mistake, admit it! Then, the one who was on the receiving end should forgive and forget. Isn't that easy? Could you imagine the reduction in lawsuits, anger, road rage, and the like if people just applied the Golden Rule and its corollary, self-responsibility? Imagine! "Sir, I'm sorry that I forgot my turn signal. It was irresponsible and it won't happen again. You have my apologies." "That's okay. We all make mistakes." No guns. No loud arguments. And everyone moves on.

So, the next time you make a mistake, don't cover it up. Just admit it, apologize if anyone was hurt or inconvenienced, and learn from it. What a concept.

To all who actually read these posts...I apologize. I'll try to post more often. (I feel better now. Don't you?)

1 comment:

Asia said...

You'd better be sorry. Of course, I have no idea what you are talking about...what's this word you speak of...laziness?

Anyway, sorry to break it to you, but we live in Cal-ee-for-nee-ay, land of the lawsuits, home of the blame.

P.S. I'm pretty much just as bad at keeping up with my blog, but that's okay, since I don't think anyone really reads it.