Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A Shout Out to "Count Your Sheep"

Out in Internetland there are more online comics than you can shake a keyboard at. Some are quite good, while others....eh....

One of the absolute best, in my humble opinion, is a good-natured comic called "Count Your Sheep". The author and artist is Adrian Ramos, but he goes by Adis.

Link to "Count Your Sheep"

Now, I don't always see eye to eye with Adis, as my religious beliefs are obviously different than his. That having been said, Adis has created a webcomic that is charming, insightful, and just downright fun. I won't go into details...you have to see it for yourself. I'll give you a quick overview, though.

The main characters are Katie ( a little girl with a hatred for school and a love for soccer), Laurie (her widowed mother who is raising Katie on her own), and Ship the sheep. Ship is an imaginary sheep (as much as Hobbes was imaginary in Calvin's opinion). Ship is typical for his type of animal, as all Katie has to do is count him and she falls asleep. However, Ship is far more than that. He is a friend and confidant for Katie, but is also the same for Laurie, as Ship was Laurie's imaginary friend first. Laurie can still see him, so Ship is the family friend.

Anyway, I can't even begin to describe this comic except to say that you should take a look. Go back to the archives. Then, prepare to be won over.

As Adis concludes all his postings....now go to bed.

1 comment:

Asia said...

It is pretty neat. I'm a "Get Fuzzy" fan, myself.