Monday, December 22, 2008

Moved In, But.....

Just a quick note to say that our move to our new house went rather smoothly. We had good weather, good friends, and I have a wife who did an incredible job. Little incompetent me even had the ability to install curtain rods, which has left me in a state of shock to this very moment.

One snag, and it's an annoying one; Comcast stinks.

Let me tell you a little story of incompetence. A couple of weeks before the move, I scheduled an appointment for Comcast to come out to my home on the morning of the move to hook up our internet and cable service. Right on time, the contracted technician came out and started the work. A problem arose. The conduit was blocked with some form of junk, and he could not run the cable to the house. Thus, he had to schedule a "conduit blow" with the Comcast construction team. They said that they would be out that afternoon or the next morning, and then a technician would come out to complete the process.

By 11:30 the next day, we still had no word from Comcast. So, I called their oh-so-helpful "800" number. The lady said that it was scheduled for 6:00 that evening. (Just a bit later than the Saturday afternoon I expected, don't you think?) Anyway, that time came and went. This morning, I called again. They said it could take up to 5 days for a crew to come out, but that they would escalate it and someone would call me. Five days! Thus, if we stick with their schedule, I would hopefully have my internet and cable service by Saturday, the 27th! Only one week later than scheduled originally!

Cable companies say that they are improving their images, making service appointments with smaller windows and striving to provide service that matches the extravagant prices we are paying. Then, something like this happens, and it reminds me just how much I despise Comcast. To make a long story short, this is the epitome of incompetence and customer DISservice.

May they get pimples for the joy that they have taken in causing me grief.

No comments: