Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Moving Day

Well, the day is finally within sight.  We are moving on Saturday.  It has been a long and draining process to get into this home, but now it is getting exciting.  As we have been moving in our new, smaller furnishings and our new items, the house has begun to look like a home.  Once we get the rest of our things in, it should feel real.

It's a big jump, moving from an apartment to a house.  And at my age, it's a bit scary.  Still, I hope that I'll be up to the tasks involved in ownership: cleaning, maintenance, etc.  

I feel particularly blessed that we have such good friends who have volunteered to help us, and my wife has been incredible throughout the whole matter.  Here's hoping that Saturday runs smoothly, especially compared to what we've been through so far with this house.

No comments: