Tuesday, June 01, 2010

A Waste of Time

It's amazing. I have lost a month. Oh, I've been relatively conscious and aware during this lost amount of time. However, I realized today that a month of recovery time has passed and I have accomplished absolutely nothing. Nothing!

Sure, I've been doing my physical therapy to try to regain mobility. But other than that? Not a heck of a lot.

I have asked myself why this may be. Why have I gone over 30 days without even trying to write a chapter of my book, doing more ancestry research, or even starting a hobby such as trying to build a model using only one foot and no hands? I don't know. I guess it could be some form of depression. Perhaps it is merely incredible Garfield-type laziness. All I know is that I've done nothing.

I still have a few days. Can I do something? Probably not. The only writing I foresee is the writing off of this rehab time as a complete waste.

Yeah...some form of depression. I'll buy that.

2 comments:

Tami G said...

Here's my reasoning on it...you have accomplished alot...alot you say? Why 'yes' I say...your body has been extending itself double time to heal itself. That takes a whole heck of a lot of physical strength and mental stamina. Forget about anything else..you took care of what was the very most important thing you could have...getting better for those who care about you. The book will still be there when you are ready to write it. I for one am very proud of what you have accomplished.

Adam said...

Far too kind, but thank you. That means a lot.