Thursday, September 05, 2013

Why No Posts?

It always seems to come down to this.  I stop writing because no one is reading.

I say no one, but I know of a few.  Analytics say that I'm getting more than a couple of hits, but no responses other than a couple of friends. 

I should be writing this for my own enjoyment, but I don't write every day because, let's face it, it isn't a job.  So where do I go from here?  I don't know.  I guess I'll keep posting from time to time, perhaps 3 times a week. 

Please understand, though, that this blog doesn't take sides politically.  While I may seem liberal, that doesn't mean that I'm political.  So if you are looking for my version of Fox, MSNBC, or anything like that, it isn't going to happen.  Even if I make a social statement, it isn't a political statement.

So, I'll keep at this awhile longer.  I'll try to be interesting, funny, topical, local, international, serious ... you name it.  But -- and this is a threat -- if the readership doesn't pick up, I'm probably done.

With that, some quickies:

Apple:  Whatever happened to Apple's famed secrecy?  It used to be that you would never know what was in the pipeline until Steve Jobs unveiled the product on stage.  Now there are pictures from Chinese factories and other locations giving just about every piece of information about a new product before it hits the stage.  Can you say "anticlimactic"?  I knew you could.

Microsoft:  Wow.  How many wrong turns can a company take?  Microsoft used to be the powerhouse in the computer world, and now it's just one flop after another.  Buying Nokia to get a replacement for Ballmer?  What the...?  What's next?  The Windows toaster?  The Microsoft rectal thermometer?  (Trust me ... with Microsoft's record, no one's buying that item.)

Sacramento anti-arena forces:  Please ... please ... go away.  The arena will be good for downtown business.  Period.  Go protest something else, like idiots who waste time with signature-gathering efforts that no one wants.  Oh ... wait.

Doctor Who:  I am such a fanboy.  With that, I just heard that after the Christmas special, we probably won't have any new episodes until autumn 2014.  2014???  Steven Moffat, I'm calling you out!  Stop it!  You may be good at lying and keeping secrets and playing with plot lines so that they make sense to you and no one else, but quit delaying seasons!  (See:  Sherlock.)


1 comment:

Angelina Fishy said...

Autumn? AUTUMN????? Seriously? Nonononononono!!! WTH?!?!? WHY?
I sort of understand some delays on Sherlock b/c all involved are also very committed to other large and diverse (movies, other shows) projects. Not longer than a year, though. But what the heck is going on with the delays on Doctor Who? That is a PRIMARY commitment for all involved, not some side project. Quit messing about with the production schedule and just bloody get it done!!!