Friday, February 27, 2009

The Bike

It's been a few days that I've actually been able to get on my new motorcycle and ride for a bit, so I thought I'd post some thoughts about the bike.

1. It's a great little bike. Anyone who says that the Ninja 250 is for people who just want to pretend they are racers is out of their mind. It is very comfortable to ride, is responsive on the throttle and in the turns, and feels far more stable than the cruiser bikes I've ridden. Besides, the thing is not designed to do 120 mph.

2. Good equipment is vital. I don't feel invincible with my jacket and helmet, but I feel a bit safer. Knowing that I invested in one of the best helmets on the market and that I have armor in my jacket makes me feel that if I do happen to hit the pavement, I have a better chance to walk away from it. Still, I may invest in some good pants and boots next, just to be careful.

3. The bike is beautiful. It gets looks, that's for sure. Mine is a fantastic blue and just knocks your socks off. It doesn't need stickers or other stuff on it. The clean lines, the color, and the design of the bike is all you need.

4. It begs for a few extras. I would like to get sliders on the side, just to protect the bike if it does fall. I would also like to replace the rear seat with a cowling to make it even cleaner. Also need some kind of security, although if someone wants to steal a small bike, they'll probably do it. LoJack anyone?

Overall, as the engine begins to break in and I get more familiar with the bike, I feel as though I made a great choice, thanks to the wife and son. I really missed riding, and this motorcycle not only gets me back into it, but I don't think I'll be trading up anytime soon. It's juuuust right!

2 comments:

Abdur said...

I hear Tony Starks sells a top of the line armor that will allow you to walk away from even a nuclear explosion. :-P

Adam said...

Yeah, but after buying the bike, I can't afford Stark Industries Motorcycle Repulsor Armor.