Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Ancestry Found! - Now Waiting for Info

Well, it appears that my investigator has found my mother. I don't know yet if she's alive or what her name is or anything like that. I should have the info this afternoon.

I'm not sure what this means to me. It's a bit scary, now that the information is almost here. I'm unsure what I'm going to do with the info. I mean, I'll actually know if my biological mother is alive and if I have half-brothers and half-sisters out there. Even though I won't have full info on my father (if any info at all), I'll be able to trace one side of my family tree and know where I'm from! (I won't be able to trace my father's side even if I find him, because he was adopted, too. I may try DNA searches.)

As I sit here, I realize that the excitement I had over discovering my ancestry has suddenly dissipated. I'm not excited. I'm a bit nauseous and a bit nervous and more than a bit confused. Should I have saved the money I spent on the search and bought a new Apple iPad? Should I have had a REALLY nice meal? I don't know.

The deed is done now, and I await the results. The good news is that I should be able to trace my lineage to two Scottish clans. The bad news is that I may not like where the rest of the branches lead. We'll see.

More bulletins as the news is broken. I return you to your regularly scheduled surfing.

3 comments:

SaraJane said...

Don't bother with the IPad. It sounds superfluous.
You will find crazy relatives from way back when. But you will also find some amazing stories that will explain a bit about yourself. Those amazing stories make up for the crazy.

Bethany said...

I would really love to hear the results of the search, if you don't mind. Miss you guys!

Adam said...

Beth, I'll try to send you a copy when I get it! Miss you too. Hope the baby (not so little anymore) is doing great, as well as your hubby.