Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Rantin' and Roarin'

Wow. It seems like I get worse and worse at this. Sorry. Things are always crazy, I know.

Anyway, let's get on with some updatin' and rantin'.

Update - birth family search: I've got an investigator working on the process. So far, it looks like she has verified my last name and is waiting on records to verify my maternal grandfather. I think I found his death certificate, too, based on the non-identifying information that was provided by the adoption agency. If we get that right, then the investigator should be able to track down current info for me. I'm not sure what I'll do with it, other than subscribe to Ancestry.com to do more research. There's another company out there that will do a DNA scan to trace the ancestry, but I have my doubts about that. I mean really. Oh yes, sir. We did a full scan and found out that your ancestors are from the Mbabwe tribe of southern Africa! You're what? White? Oh. Well, it must mean that your great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather was an explorer who married a native princess. Yeah! That's it! NOT.

Update - back issues: I've started full treatment with a local chiropractic office / physical therapy office. So - much - fun. Today I got attached to a modern-day version of the rack. I guess it's proof that history repeats itself. You get strapped onto this table in such a way that you can't breathe properly. You can only take short breaths. Then, they raise the table and tilt it backwards so your head is angled towards the floor. You are strapped in at the waist, the ribcage, around the legs, and around the chest. Then, the machine pulls you and vibrates you at the same time. Frankly, I think it's a new way to make you taller while shaking weak fillings out of your teeth. Follow that with a session with head and shoulder weights while walking on a treadmill and sitting in a vibrating wobble-chair. I wonder if there is a camera filming all of this so that the employees can sit back and laugh at what people will pay to have done to them.

Rant - Sacramento Kings - They are young and exciting. And they are driving me nuts with close losses to their opponents! Still, they're far better than last year, and they're fun to watch. Go Kings!

Rant - California government: 'Nuff said. An oxymoron that describes the state of affairs in this state of affairs. California Government. Jumbo Shrimp. 'Kay?

Rant - fog - Ever ridden a motorcycle in this stuff? Someone needs to invent motorcycle gloves with a chamois palm. That way, you could wipe the visor without a problem!

That's it for now. It's late. I'm tired. And my warranty has clearly expired on my quickly aging body.


No comments: