Sunday, July 17, 2011

Shows I Watch

It's been a little while since I discussed television shows, so now, without further ado (or further adon't) it my list of currently watched television shows. You may feel free to disagree with my choices, but you would be wrong.

Leverage: This season has started out a bit weakly, but the chemistry between the characters is still strong. I would like to contrast this show with another one that I immediately decided was not for me: Alphas. As I watched that show, I decided that I would rather have all of the characters violated by the TSA rather than root for them to succeed. The characters were all intensely dislikable, and thus an interesting concept landed with an overwhelming SPLAT.

Deadliest Catch: Why? Why? Why do I continue to watch this show? I hate reality shows, and this one is about crab fishing...every season. And yet, I watch. I watch, and I cannot resist. I will be petitioning the FCC to determine if this show is adding subliminal messages causing me to keep watching.

Top Gear: Do I really need to explain? I'm just waiting for season 17 to begin so that I can get my fix. If you haven't watched this on BBC America, you are a fool. I hereby assign you to do penance by watching either the Bachelorette or Basketball Wives for 3 hours straight. At which point, you will die. Or wish you were dead. Instead, watch Top Gear and be a very happy camper.

Burn Notice (with a caveat): This show is very close to jumping the shark. I am watching suspiciously, but something had better change. And soon.

Eureka: One of the most imaginative shows on the air....again. I just watched the first episode of the new season and it is still great. I just hated waiting so long for it to return. Where else could you find an artificially intelligent robot deputy wanting to marry a house endowed with artificial intelligence. What...she wasn't ready to settle down? On top of that, the Sheriff rode off with his injured robot deputy on the back of a horse to save the day and what do we hear? The deputy (Andy) yelling, "I'm on a horse!" Classic.

Doctor Who: On break until the end of summer. Nooooooooo!!! I need my fix!!! Now!!!

That's it for now. Other shows that make honorable mention are NCIS (on break), NCIS:LA (on break), Top Gear USA (need new presenters), and Psych (on break...otherwise it goes to near the top of the list!)

Don't like my choices? Let's debate! Oh...you lose.

2 comments:

Angelina Fishy said...

The '...yet balanced' part of your blog description may have to be removed. Forcing anyone to watch The Bachelor/ette or any of the 'Wives' shows qualifies as truly sadistic.

I'm starting to wonder if Leverage has gotten some new writers this season. It doesn't seem to have the same 'feel' as it previously did. It's still good, just not the same.

I'm right there with you on Eureka. Love, Love, LOVE this show. I'm mad at SyFy (Still. Seriously? SyFy?) for only putting it on over the summer. If you're going to do the split-season thing, at least do a whole season in the same 12 month period. That means at least 15-20 episodes, not this 10 and wait a year crap.

Adam said...

Oh, I think that the punishment is balanced. Sadistic is such a strong word. I prefer the concept, "swift justice".

I don't know if they have new writers, but the "cons" are not there. Last night's episode was good, but it wasn't really Leverage. Here's hoping that next week's episode gets back to normal.

SyFy sounds like someone was taking a class in phonetics...and failed. And I hate the schedule as well. It feels like laziness. Still, I'll enjoy it while it is on.