Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Thoughts for a Tuesday

It's time for some random thoughts, coming from a fragmented and random mind.

Beauty pageants: Yesterday there were a bunch of stories about how a beauty pageant contestant completely flubbed an answer to a question about education.  I have a better question: does anyone else think that the time for beauty pageants is long over??  I mean really, does anyone even watch these things?  And on a similar note...

"Reality shows":  I saw an ad and a brief blurb for a show called Backyard Oil, about a bunch of idiots trying to find oil on their property.  I would say these guys seemed as dumb as a bag of rocks, but I don't believe in insulting rocks.  Now I hear the expression "Professional Reality Show Star".  Would someone please tell me how someone becomes one of those?  Is that someone who has been on more than one reality series?  I watch one reality show:  Deadliest Catch.  For some reason, I have always liked that show.  But I do wonder about one thing I noted this season... a couple of the Captains said that they put a ton of money into their boats this year, and their continued existence as crab boat captains depended on their catch this year.  Really?  I look at the Hillstrand family of the Time Bandit, and see that they have books, a clothing line, etc., etc., along with the money they make from the show and have to wonder how much financial difficulty they are really facing!  Just asking.

Iran:  New president-elect who they say is a "moderate".  Vegas now taking bets on how long it will be before he tells the world that Iran has a right to nuclear warheads.  "Moderate"?  Is that like a serial killer who only kills 20 people instead of 30?

"Wreck-It" Ralph:  Watched it again yesterday.  Gets better every time.  I constantly see something in the background that I hadn't seen before.  I'm not a big fan of Sarah Silverman, but she was great in this film.

Clothing:  Say what you will about my being a nerd or a geek, but I get lots of positive comments on my variety of Doctor Who shirts.  I guess these days it's cool to be a geek!

Clothing (part 2):  I don't think I'll ever get the fascination with capri pants.  It just seems like whoever created them had problems with decision making.  "Shorts! Pants!  Shorts!  Pants!"  (Enter little hispanic girl...)  "Why can't we have both?"  (Ugly pants party commences...)

Clothing (part 3):  Guys... read my lips ... skinny jeans don't look good.  Ever.

Government spying:  They tried reading my blog.  Got bored.  They decided to scan Bieber's computer for proof he's a mentally unstable female instead of just a talentless male singer.


P.S.  This was post number 250!  Woo hoo!  250 postings of nothing!  (Seinfeld would be so proud.)

No comments: