Thursday, October 04, 2007

Dealing With New Phones

My wife and son just got their new cell phones today.  They traded Sony Ericsson w600i phones for Razrs.  As soon as they saw them, they loved them.  Until...

Until they realized that even though they transferred their phone directories over via SIM card, they were going to have to "manipulate" them.  In so many words, they are going to have to fix the names and combine the home and cell phone numbers for single persons into single entries.

The phones aren't so much fun now.  sigh...I can't win for trying to do something nice.  I'm sure they'll love them again once everything is fixed.  But for now...

Another thing that cracks me up is that they just jumped right in to playing with the phones instead of reading the instructions first.  Thus, I became their walking, talking, pulling my hair out by the roots instruction book.

It's late.  I'm tired.  It's been a lousy couple of days at work.  I'm going to bed.  Honey, put your phone on silent, will you?  Oh...well check the instruction book on how it's done.

1 comment:

Asia said...

to sony erickson, whoever he is, i say >:P