Monday, October 01, 2007

Sports Weekend

Lots of stuff went on this weekend. My blog...my opinions...so there.

Baseball - What a collapse! The Mets went down in flames and frankly, I'll shed no tears. Now if only the Yankees will go down, too. But who am I to brag? I like the Athletics!
I'm also kind of happy to see the Fuzzy Cubbies in the playoffs if for no other reason than to hopefully break the Bartman hatred. Maybe if the Cubs win, then Steve Bartman can come out of hiding. (Do you think some baseball fans take things waaaay too seriously?)
So, out of the teams that are still in it, I'll root (if I root at all) for the D-Backs in the National League (because I'm an Eric Byrnes fan) and the Indians in the A.L. (just because Cleveland could use a break.)

Football - Did anyone else think that the 49ers offensive line looked like a sieve? I'm not amazed that Alex Smith got injured. I am amazed that Trent Dilfer was still standing at the end of the game. Although he didn't do much to worry the Seahawks anyway. Truly a sad display, and I still wonder about Nolan's play calling from the sidelines.
Oakland won?? Oh...it was against Miami. Never mind. Still, it's kind of funny to see the Raiders at the top of the division with a 2 - 2 record. Lane Kiffin is probably going to get an earful from all those who said Daunte Culpepper should have been the starter from game 1.
Arizona beats Pittsburgh....bwah ha ha ha haaaaaa!!!!!
Chicago loses to Detroit .... bwah ha ha ha haaaaaaa!!! (Ouch! My side hurts from laughing too much!!!)

Basketball - The NBA is looking at Sacramento's Cal Expo for a place to build an arena. If it keeps the Kings in Sacramento, I'm all for it. However, to soothe the nerves of the citizens, they had better release a traffic plan that makes sense before they even release the plans for an arena itself. That area is already a nightmare, and an arena is going to make it far worse.
More on the Kings...does anyone else wonder what the heck Petrie is doing? This team looks like such a mixed up hodge-podge right now that I hear the NBADL is thinking of accepting the Kings as one of their teams. I have ZERO hopes for a playoff spot right now with the way the roster looks. Here's hoping the Mr. Petrie has a rabbit somewhere in his clothing if it isn't in his hat.

1 comment:

Asia said...

There's nothing funny about the Raiders being on top there AT ALL!! >:( Ok, I don't really CARE that much at all, so no worries...but if you really want to soothe my hurt feelings, you may read my blog, since NO ONE DOES!