Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Pick Yourself Up...

OK...so my posts lost their regularity. I'm not going to let it get me down. Instead, I'm going to infuse a bit of literary Metamucil and try to get regular again.

I'm about 2 months away from getting my AA degree. That's 25 years after my high school graduation. Even though I berate myself for taking this long, I do feel good that I have finally accomplished something in this area. As such, my wife has told me that I deserve a graduation present. (Awwwwwww......cute.)

The problem here isn't that I don't deserve a present (which I don't think I do), but instead it is how to justify spending money on myself. I don't like to do this, because every time that I do I tend to buy something absolutely pointless. For example, a while ago I bought a Palm TX; a relatively useful item which I do use, though not as regularly as I once did. Still, it has served a purpose. I bought a Nintendo Wii. Useless, but I love it! (Geek alert!) I have my iPod, which I also use every day and I love it. (Level 2 Geek Alert!!) So what graduation gift do I have my greedy little eyes upon? An iPhone. Why? 'Cause it's so darn cool!! (We have achieved Nerdvana! Alert Dilbert writer Scott Adams!) The problem is the price. Even though it has dropped $200 since it was released, it's still $400 plus an extra $15 a month for internet fees. Lots of moolah.

Still, both my wife and son insist that I should get it as a gift for myself. Do I do it? As they say in the old cartoons, "I dood it!"

Nerds of the world unite!

5 comments:

Asia said...

Whoa! Did you read my blog, or was that last line just a total coincidence?

Anywayz, you sir make me feel quite the nerdzilla. If iPhone's are nerdy, then what do you call a person who drools over laser keyboards and interactive t-shirts? All you have to do is review The Pursuit of Awesome to understand the level of figuarative metamucil involved in the regular visits to www.thinkgeek.com. So, unite with the nerds of the world we shall, but we must take action to avoid the formation of castes in the Nerd Herd.

Asia said...

P.S. In case my previous comment left me sounding the coocoocrazy, just know that it came from a subscriber to Daily Dilbert emails.

Adam said...

I LOVE Thinkgeek.com! I just wish I could afford to buy a bunch of the items.

Did you see the latest? It's a t-shirt that has a picture of an antenna on the front, and it actually glows to indicate wi-fi strength. Now THAT'S nerdy!

Adam said...

and P.S.

I subscribe to the Dilbert emails as well, so there!

Asia said...

NUH-UH!!!!! I MUST have that shirt, at whatever cost!!!!!!

Also, cool! Fellow Dilbert subscriber, I feel compelled to refer you to www.qwantz.com. You usually have to read a few before you more than chuckle, but chuckle you shall. (WARNING: Some may be viewed as crude. (Hey, that rhymes!)) I am SO tired.