Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Salute to the Wife

Yeah, I know the title is a bit corny, and this isn't going to be a long post. But I just want to give a shout to my wife of 14 years. When she married me and moved to this country with her then 6-year old son, a lot of things could have gone wrong. She was an independent woman who had her own life in France and her whole family within Metro distance. Still, she decided to marry this guy with numerous idiosyncrasies, anxieties, and other issues and do her best to make a life with him.

I'm very pleased to say that after 14 years, our life (IMHO) is a very happy one. She is everything I could have dreamed of and more. We now have a house of our own, a step-son turned adopted son who is about to turn 21, and goals that we share and work towards as a team. In addition, she is beyond doubt my best friend, who I rely on and who I enjoy spending time with more than anyone else.

To my wife...you are absolutely the best. I truly look forward to every day with you, and that means to eternity.

Sappy stuff over. Future posts will return to their sarcastic normal selves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary!

Isn't the 14th anniversary the Paver Anniversary? I think I read that somewhere...

Bethany said...

Happy anniversary! Miss you guys!