Monday, October 19, 2009

Days Away

I have decided to take a few days away from work. It isn't because I'm going anywhere in particular, but because I'm trying to avoid blowing a gasket and making a bad choice. I've been so frustrated and angry at work lately that I've been tempted to quit and find another job. But I can't afford that, so I have to calm down.

All last week I tried to put on a new face. I tried to be helpful, humble, and polite to all I dealt with. It wasn't easy, especially when certain people went out of their way to be annoying. But I thought I was succeeding pretty well. Until, on the last day of the workweek, it happened. I was trying to get everything done so that I could take a few days off. I was working hard, juggling a couple of projects along with an extra test file run for the sake of the people who were annoying me most. To make a long story short, one of the people I had been "warring" with over the last couple of weeks attacked me sarcastically to a vendor. The reasons are unimportant, but I was busy with something for her department and figured she could work with the vendor on a schedule for her department. But no. She slammed me. I held my tongue, informed my supervisor, and got absolutely no understanding from him. Frustrating doesn't begin to describe the feelings.

Anyway, I have no idea what will happen next. It isn't going well.

So, I decided to stay home for a few days, try to work on a manuscript and a public talk, and come to grips with life.

Maybe I can finish and sell this stupid manuscript and quit my job! HA! And maybe I'll win American Idol, So You Think You Can Dance, and Iron Chef in the same month! That is, if I could sing, dance, or cook.

I need a sedative. (Or is it a "sedagive"?)

4 comments:

Angelina Fishy said...

I'd pay to watch you on either of the first two shows!

Dawnee : ) said...

Aww, I'm sorry things have been rough at work lately, Adam...Hopefully, you'll go back to work and they'll realize what they've been missing :) I hope everything works out...in the meantime, try to enjoy your days off :)

Adam said...

Days off are over as of tomorrow. I don't think they'll realize what they're missing. I can't even get my boss to have my back. I think it's time to start looking elsewhere.

Asia said...

Sounds like you're going through something similar to what my mom went through working at Citi. There was this woman who was just out to get her! Eventually, though, the boss caught on!