Saturday, September 29, 2007

Poorly Thought Out Website

Today, I would like to tell you about frustration in its purest form.  That frustration revolves around the website of one AT&T Wireless.  I shall explain.

My contract with AT&T will be up in December.  Because of this, I can upgrade my phone or my family's phones at a discount.  So, I went to the website to attempt to do so.  There is a special going on that says if you upgrade to a particular Sony phone, you also get a Bluetooth headset for free.  Now, I tried to click on the link to upgrade my wife's phone.  It listed my name instead of hers.  So, I changed the name to hers.  OK.  Then, I clicked on that model phone, and it added the phone to the cart, but gave no place or information to add the headset.  Hmmm...time to chat with the company, but wait!...they are closed!  You can't even chat with someone from India!  Are you getting the picture?  I also wanted to upgrade my son's phone to get him one of the free Razrs but....they are sold out!  Yay!

You know, AT&T's network has been pretty good for me.  I have had very few problems with dropped calls and such.  But AT&T...your website bites!!!  You are a communications company, for goodness sakes!  Make your website more useful. 

I thank you.

1 comment:

Asia said...

Even if they were open, their customer service (at least from my experience) leaves alot to be desired.