Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Angst From the Blogger

So, here we are.  We stand at a crossroads.  To one side, we see the continuation of a blog.  To the other, we see the final and total termination of the blog.  Which shall it be?

I'm not good at web self-promotion.  I really don't have time to do it, and definitely don't have the time to "do it right".  Instead, I rely on friends and word of mouth to help things along.

I'll admit that my start-then-stop-then-start again method of blogging is partially responsible for the non-existent readership.  That's fine.  I accept that.  But I have been writing regularly now, and only one person who shall remain nameless but red-headed has given any indication of reading.

Thus, I return to that fork in the road.  Do I continue or do I cease writing this blog?  Frankly, I am at the stage where I don't see a lot of point in moving forward unless I see readership increase.  Therefore, I post this request:

Ask people to read, comment (and include suggestions for topics), and subscribe.

If that happens, I will keep this going.  If not, I will stop.  Simple, right?

A couple of thoughts for today:

Stupid:  This is the definition of people who go down to a river to play on a holiday weekend and don't wear life vests.  Every year ... every stinking year ... the Tuesday morning after Memorial Day news reports say that so-and-so and this-person and that-person drowned over the weekend in the American/Sacramento/Other River because they didn't wear a life vest.  Idiots.  Wear the vest so that your family doesn't have to identify your bloated corpse when the DART team pulls it lifeless from the water.

Kings:  Sale was approved unanimously by the NBA Board of Governors to the Vivek group.  So long Maloofs.  It hasn't been fun.

Football (Soccer):  Why won't the new Sacramento soccer team ownership just accept my brilliant idea of resurrecting the name Sacramento Surge and add an FC at the end?  Colors of white, teal, and gold work, and I'm sure the NFL doesn't care about giving up the name.  Come on!  It's brilliant!

Athletes Who Drive Drunk:  See stupid.

Justin Bieber:  Stop driving.  That's all.  Just stop it.  You're becoming the poster child for TMZ.

1 comment:

Angelina Fishy said...

Could we get Bieber to go swimming in the river without the life vest?