Saturday, September 22, 2007

Digital Cable

You know the old jokes about 100 channels and nothing on?  Like Frankenstein's monster, "They live!!!"  

We recently upgraded from analog cable to digital cable.  Cool, right?  Indeed, there are some benefits.  We now have Turner Classic Movies, which makes American Movie Classics look cheap.  TCM does have the classics, particularly the old MGM collection.  We also have (because we coughed up an extra $10 per month) TV5, which is the French television network.  For those of you who have read earlier columns, you know that my wife is French, so we are glad to have shows in her native language.

There are some other cool channels.  The History Channel International is nice, as is the Sci-Fi channel.  BBC America is an awesome addition.  But other than those?  Bleah!  A whole lot of crud, garbage, poubelle, etc., etc.  But the joke has to be changed.  Now, we have to say that we have 500 channels and there is nothing on!  Sheesh.  TV - off...book - in hand...time to read.


2 comments:

Asia said...

It's so true. Cable is lousy without Tivo. I HEART BBC America...SO MUCH! I love the show Jekyll...actually, it's pretty violent and...well I still love the show, but I found out it was intended to be a miniseries, so there will most likely be no second season, but James Nesbitt is now my favorite actor, and...wow this has been one lone run-on sentence; I bet you are tired of only having me comment as of late, no?

Adam said...

Personally, I'm a Doctor Who fan and a BBC News watcher.

As for your commenting, I have a mixed answer. No, I'm not tired of you commenting. It's nice that you actually read my drivel. But I do wish that other people would read the blog, just so I can know whether my writing is worthwhile.