Monday, September 17, 2007

Monday...Bleah! (Title Supposedly Borrowed)

***NOTE: A friend who has another blog has accused me of borrowing the title. Even though I can't find proof, I will give her credit. http://asiavou.blogspot.com/ (You crack me up, girl.)

Yes, that just about sums up my mood today.

First of all, my apologies for not posting yesterday. I'm giving myself a pass for two reasons. Reason number one: I had a really busy day along with some health issues. Reason number two: If I don't give myself a pass, then I'm being really hard on myself, might discourage myself, and become even more bitter towards myself. Thus, a full pardon has been granted. Hurrah!

I was helping my son with his drafting homework last night. Let me rephrase that, because what I know about drafting could fit in a thimble with room left over for Lake Tahoe. I was loaning him my eyes because he was so tired. Why was he tired, you might ask? He was tired because, at age 19, he put in a day at work on Saturday that was not to be believed. He started work at 7 am, worked until 4, then had to go back to work at 7 pm to do inventory and didn't leave till about 1 am. He had to work so many hours due to a bunch of irresponsible co-workers who put partying ahead of agreed upon duties.

I'm so tired of these teens and twenty-somethings who think that they have every right to do what they wish, be as loud and obnoxious as they wish, be as vulgar and rude as they wish, and to do it so that it infringes on others' rights. For example, there are neighbors in my building who will play their music loud at 2 am, and then stand in the parking lot or sit on their balcony and scream, cuss, and just generally make a nuisance of themselves. If you try to call them on it, they turn it on you! (I won't even begin to go into the sight and sound of young women using language that is so vulgar that it wouldn't even qualify for an "R" rating!)

Parents, you need to teach your children from an early age that other people have rights, too. You need to teach them to put others before themselves, how to display manners, and how to have some self-respect.

What are the chances of that happening? Not good, as I see a bunch of parents out there who don't even understand the concept themselves.

Why am I ranting on this? I don't know. I guess I'm just sick of what I see and wish that people would consider what they look and sound like, and how they treat others.

And to those young women who think that cussing makes you mature and sexy? You're wrong. You seem cheap, trashy, and ignorant. Guys, the same goes for you. Try a few sentences without a cuss word in the middle of it. You might be surprised that you can sound intelligent.

Done for now. I'm tired, it's Monday, and I'm rambling. But at least I posted!

3 comments:

Asia said...

Ha! Who is a blog-idea thief NOW, hmm? Oh well, that's ok. Everything's been written a thousand times over. The writing's the point, and the slightly different points of view.

Asia said...

ACtually, I said "idea thief", but now that I think about it, that title may look a little familiar as well...

Adam said...

Prove it! lol