Friday, September 21, 2007

Waitin' On The Comcast

I am now taking part in a ritual that all homeowners or renters go through at one point in their lives or another.  It is a ritual that all can identify with and empathize with.  It is the waiting game.  It may be experienced with a phone company, a cable company, or an electric company, but it will be experienced.

Many moons ago, you were given a 9 hour window in which the technician was promised to arrive.  "He'll be there Tuesday."  
"When on Tuesday?"
"Some time between 8 and 5."
"Can you be a bit more precise?"
"Some time between 8:01 and 4:59."
"Thanks a heap."

Ah, but thank goodness for progress.  Yesterday, I came home to my phone answering machine reminding me of my service appointment with my local cable company.
"Your service appointment is scheduled between noon and 5 p.m. tomorrow.  Please call us if you have any questions." This has been a recording.
You see?  Progress!  The nine hour window has been reduced to five hours!  Just think!  Ten years from now it will be 3 hours!  I don't know about you, but I'm psyched!

No comments: